Thursday, December 1, 2011

the lost mittens

The three little kittens who lost their mittens didn't get their pie....
 because they left their mittens at my house!

I used the tutorial that Dawn so graciously posted at The Feathered Nest.
She makes such beautiful things!
My attempt desperately falls short of Dawn's talent, but I love mine just the same.
Click here for the tutorial, and while you are there, check out Dawn's shoppe!





I did antique them already, but I am thinking of antiquing them more still with coffee to stain it...
should I leave them or take my chances?

3 comments:

  1. I think you should try 'staining' the mittens...perhaps on the fabric before you make the mitten rather than not liking a 'finished' product?? You are such a talented and creative lady! I might have to have you make some for Christmas tree ornaments for next year! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did antique them a bit with coffee Christy, but I don't know if I did it enough... and I will for sure make a whole host of Christmas ornaments for next year! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments they keep me encouraged :)