Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Baby Gift and a Pillow Made with Madison

I had fun this past week taking a break from Madison's quilt. I whipped up a baby girl quilt for a couple of friends who just had there first baby . Her name is Sydney and she is BEAUTIFUL. I wish I had a picture to share. Jamie ( the dad) was my neighbor and classmate for many years and my brother and him are best buds. Anyways I used some minky type stuff and flannel and then flannel for the back so its nice and cuddly.


 I am so close to being done Madison's quilt. I had a few extra squares so I made her a pillow and plan to do more but this was something she could help me do. She stuffed it for me while i quilted and she was a wonderful help. Im happy with it , its corduroy on the back which gives it a neat look.  I cant wait to teach her to sew, I thin for her birthday coming up Im going to get a sewing kit started for her. 


And just for fun a couple pictures of Madison and I playing with the camera





3 comments:

  1. What a sweet gift!

    And how fun to find a project to include Madison in; she must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sewing with our daughter A. and I think I taught her when she was about 6 or 7. It's never to early to start:) Good for you for spending time together!! Love the pillow.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments they keep me encouraged :)