Monday, January 10, 2011

Getting to know you....

Hello everyone!
I first want to say thanks to Tania for inviting me to guest post on your blog.
It means a lot to me to know how much you like what I do.
Hearing that from people keeps me inspired to do more!
Much to my husband's chagrin, I am sure... :o)


So, I thought I would start with letting you all know a little about myself.
THEN I will bury you in an avalanche of past projects I have done!


-- I am a happily married mother of FIVE children, ages ranging from 13 down to 2.
They are all the loves of my life, and my joy and inspiration!


-- I LOVE to run. It is my sanity time, and chance to clear my head. No matter how lousy my run turns out, I always come back refreshed and happy. Maybe it is the fact that I run with a partner -- I know for sure if I didn't, I would have given up running before I even started!


-- I like to think I am a crafty person. I like to paint, sew, upcycle things, refurbish furniture, and craft. I am always looking for new things to inspire me, and my to do list for this year is already VERY long!!!


-- I love photography. But I am still working on becoming a better photographer... I have a Canon Power Shot which I love, but am still trying to figure out how to use it! Hopefully when I have it all figured out I can sneak out my husband's camera when he is working (he has an SLR), and fool around with that as well!
I always have lots of subjects handy... :o)


Hmmm... not much else to say right now, other than bring on the photos!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Soldier and Pirate costumes I made for my nephew this past Christmas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pillows made for my niece at Christmas

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A shirt I completely accidentally shrunk in the laundry (how many times can I apologize honey?)


Now it fits me!!!! :o)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love adding appliques to plain shirts for my kids... there are so many fun possibilities and they will always have original shirts!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made a quilt cover for my little guy's crib this past year... this year I am attempting to make two quilts and I am so scared!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

new shirts for my daughter...



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A messenger bag I made for our family trip this past summer to California.. it held everything I needed!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


An apron for my eldest who started grade eight this past fall and needed one for cooking class...
her favourite colour!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A purse I made for a niece... I also made the same one with longer handles for my daughter!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Art work I painted up for my second daughter's 'new' room...
This year I hope to be redoing all the kids' rooms except for my youngest!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A monogram picture I made for another niece this Christmas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A memory board I made for our kitchen pantry...



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I love to repaint furniture!
This crib before....


And after! I also sewed the little doll quilt, sheet and pillow...


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received this little table (or I should say a table very similar to this one) from my in laws, and repainted it for my daughter's room...



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I painted the drawer fronts and added the bugs (that I painted as well) for my son's room...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAHA! Got this cabinet from Canadian Tire and painted it to match my bathroom...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love finding things at second hand stores any changing them to make new things.


The lamp on the left is the new one. It replaced the teeny weeny ones I had in my living room...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


An old frame found new life in my kitchen...


As a chalkboard!


Phew!
If you made it this far, congratulations!
Now you have had a glimpse into my past, and I can't wait to share my present and future with you all!

I have a few projects already on the go, with many many more waiting patiently for me!

I actually did do a project today, but you will have to wait for photos as it is in bed right now...

:o)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff Chris, I wish I had such talent, especially finding something old and making something new. I have the same bathroom cabinet and love what you did with yours has given me some inspiration for when I finally repaint our bathroom. can not wait to see more of your crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok seriously you are amazing! welcome to our website!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments they keep me encouraged :)