Tuesday, February 22, 2011

furniture redo

I finally got the first -- of many -- projects done for my six year old daughter's bedroom.
I am in the process of redecorating her room, which will eventually consist of a paint job and various other renos.
I am planning a vintage room for her, and was more than thrilled to find this pretty headboard at a neighbourhood garage sale...
The price tag was great ($15), so I grabbed it and took it home.
But the medium oak colour was not one I had in mind for the bedroom's new look.
So I sanded it...
Primed it and painted dark spots...


Painted it white, and sanded/ distressed it to get this...



Lauren is over the moon with her new headboard!!!
I put it up in her room while she was at school today, and she spent the ENTIRE afternoon after school just playing in her room so she could be close to her bed...
Will I ever be able to drag her out of her room when it is all done???
:o)


2 comments:

I love comments they keep me encouraged :)